MidCoast Council’s former Forster administration centre and library is currently being marketed by Colliers of Newcastle for sale or lease as part of the endorsed financing strategy for Council’s Administration and Customer Service Centre at Yalawanyi Ganya, Taree.
As part of the planning for the centralisation to Yalawanyi Ganya, the Council has endorsed a financing strategy that outlined how the project would be funded.
“The funding strategy involved the sale or lease of a number of Council properties,” said General Manager, Adrian Panuccio.
Colliers Newcastle is currently marketing the 4-12 Breese Parade Forster site, which is a 1.41 hectare site, including two buildings and 86 car spaces opposite the Forster Shopping Centre.
“While the site is currently home to the Forster Library and our Forster customer service point, both these services will move to the Civic Precinct mid-2023,” Mr Panuccio said.
“Any sale or lease will be contingent on the timing of this move.”
Expressions of interest close with Colliers on 22 September.
“Any offers that may be received on either property will be the subject of a report to Councillors before finalisation.”
Mr Panuccio said Colliers had been selected to market the properties following a competitive tender process.
The full list of properties identified and their current status is as follows:
- the former Council offices in Pulteney Street Taree – under long-term lease to Taree Universities Campus
- the former water office in Muldoon Street Taree – under long-term lease to State Government Local Land Services
- the former water office 16 Breese Parade Forster – sold to NSW Ambulance Service for new ambulance station for Forster
- a block of vacant land 18 Breese Parade Forster – sold
- vacant land on The Lakes Way, Tuncurry – sold
- vacant land in Chapmans Road Tuncurry – sold