The Department of Planning, Industry and Environment is seeking public feedback on the planned construction of a new residential, commercial and community hub at the Hills Showground Station Precinct in Sydney’s Castle Hill.
The Department’s Executive Director of Key Sites and Regional Assessments, Anthea Sargeant said the project’s Environmental Impact Statement (EIS) went on public exhibition today.
“The purpose of the EIS is for the applicant to show how it will manage and minimise potential impacts arising from the proposed development,” Ms Sargeant said.
“Consultation is a key part of the assessment process so it’s important that the community gives us its feedback.”
She said the proposed $172 million Doran Drive Plaza Precinct development, would be built across from the Metro Station on Mandala Parade between Andalusian Way and Doran Drive and includes:
- Four residential towers up to 20-storeys in height (68 metres) with 431 units, including 22 affordable housing units;
- A podium below the towers with space for a supermarket, shops, offices and community facilities;
- A 1,400 square metre public plaza on Doran Drive;
- More than 2,400 square metres of communal open space for residents in the heart of the development; and
- Basement parking for approximately 900 vehicles including bikes and motorcycles, with access from De Clambe Drive.
This is the first of three precincts to have a development application submitted for the detailed design and construction of the overall Hills Showground Precinct. It follows the approval of a concept proposal for the entire site in January 2021.
The East and West Precincts will be subject to separate development applications to follow.
Ms Sargeant said that feedback received will help the department to better understand the opinions and concerns of the community and other stakeholders.
“All submissions are reviewed and the applicant must respond to any issues raised by the community and other stakeholders,” Ms Sargeant said.
The community is invited to have their say on the project by Monday, 30 August.
For more information and to provide feedback visit planningportal.nsw.gov.au/major-projects/project/41481