Preparation works have commenced at the site of what will be the new Cabonne Community Centre.
The Centre has been jointly funded, with the NSW Government and State Library NSW contributing towards the project.
The new community centre space will incorporate:
- Community hall facilities to allow for public meetings and community functions;
- A library facility with capacity for meetings, study, technology connection and delivery of community-centric programs;
- An exhibition area integrated with the public space. Commercial kitchen for providing catering for community activities.
The tender for the project was awarded to Joss Constructions earlier this year, with local trades encouraged to contact the prospective tenderers in January 2021. The project includes demolition of the existing building and a re-build to provide safe and user-friendly access and facilities to all members of the community. The project is being managed by the Public Works Advisory.
Construction is due to commence in June, with works taking place. The program of works is as follows:
- Demolition – June 2021
- Earthworks – July 2021
- Structure erection – August 2021 to December 2021
- Internal fit-out – January 2022 to April 2022
- Expected completion of project – May 2022