Friday, July 26, 2024

Residents take their picket of new $2.4m Orange playground

Orange City Council is preparing to host a ‘picket pickup’ at the end of the month, as it welcomes residents to collect their personalised playground fence pickets for the city’s revamped adventure playground.

Council Sport and Recreation Committee Chair, Tammy Greenhalgh said more than 200 fence pickets had been tagged by members of the public late in May ahead of the playground’s closure for upgrades.

“We were blown away by the amount of interest from residents wishing to take their personalised pickets home as a memento of the playground, which has entertained thousands of families over the past two decades,” Cr Greenhalgh said.

“These will be the only designated pick-up days that will be held for people to grab their pickets, so I encourage everyone to get down to the collection point and pick up their pickets or arrange a friend or relative to pick them up instead.”

The $2.4 million upgrade of the Orange Adventure Playground is being carried out by Daracon Landscaping and will include the construction of a new playground and splash park, as well as upgrades to the main play areas and central meeting area. The project is funded by the NSW Government and Orange City Council.

Latest Articles