Local Government NSW (LGNSW) is seeking a motivated Graduate Research Officer to provide a range of industrial advice to its member councils, as well as research support to its team of Industrial Officers.
With a proud 100+ year history, Local Government NSW (LGNSW) is the peak body for councils and related organisations in our State. LGNSW advocates on behalf of members and their communities on policy to decision makers at state and federal levels. We provide a comprehensive range of services including industrial relations representation, management services and training. We are a dedicated team of 65 staff, located in the Sydney CBD. We pride ourselves on the work we do and the outcomes we achieve for our members.
As a member of the Workplace Relations and Legal team, you will be responsible for providing advice to our member councils on a range of industrial and employment relations matters as well as providing research support to the rest of the team.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Research case law and legislation;
- Assist our Industrial Officers and Senior Industrial Officers prepare for cases before courts and tribunals;
- Advise councils on issues relating to employment, industrial relations, local government award and human resources management;
- Assist in the preparation of reports and submissions;
- Maintain a library of resources and legal databases to support LGNSW’s activities;
- Research and advise on the application of Awards applicable to the sector;
- Maintain statistics for the work of the team;
- Provide support in the preparation and delivery of human resource network meetings, seminars etc.
The salary for this position is $80k including superannuation.
What’s on offer?
LGNSW is committed to providing an excellent employee experience by offering:
- Generous leave entitlements (15 personal sick/carer’s leave days, 2 health and wellbeing days per year)
- Monthly RDO’s
- Flexible working conditions
- Brand new office facilities in the CBD
- Income protection insurances
- A collaborative, friendly and supportive team
- Salary sacrificing and novated leasing
- Access to confidential counselling services through our Employee Assistance Program
To be successful in this role, you will possess (or be working towards the attainment of) tertiary qualifications in industrial relations, human resources management, law or an associated discipline. You have experience in, or a good working knowledge of, interpreting legislation, awards and case law. A general knowledge of council practices and policies would be advantageous. You are an excellent communicator (both written and verbal) with demonstrable research skills, and are familiar with office-based computer packages. You hold a class C License and have the flexibility to travel if required.
Candidates must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or have a COVID-19 Vaccine Medical Contraindication which is certified by a qualified medical/health practitioner.
For further information, please contact Anastasia Polites (A/Senior Manager, Workplace Relations) on 02 9242 4113 or Anastasia.Polites@lgnsw.org.au.
We are committed to creating a diverse, inclusive and flexible workforce which reflects the community and members we serve. We welcome and encourage applications from all people regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, cultural background, religion, sexual orientation, marital and family status or disability.
Applications close COB Tuesday 12 April 2022.