The NSW Central Coast has been recognised as a finalist and winner in five categories at the 2020 Keep Australia Beautiful NSW Sustainable Communities – Tidy Towns Awards.
Since 1981, the Sustainable Communities – Tidy Towns Program has been rewarding and recognising projects around litter, waste management, recycling, heritage, community spirit and other environmental areas in towns both large and small across the State.
Central Coast Council showcased a range of environmental and sustainability initiatives being delivered across its local government area, and received:
- Winner: Coastal & Waterways Protection Award – Brisbane Water Estuary Education Program, Central Coast Council;
- Winner: Schools Environmental Achievement Award – Waste Reduction at Terrigal Public School (as part of the Wiping out Waste program, funded by Central Coast Council);
- Winner: Environmental Communication Award – Take 3 Communication, Central Coast Council;
- Winner: Circular Economy Award and Sustainable Projects Award – Plate to Paddock, Central Coast;
- Finalist: Overall Award for the 2020 Sustainable Communities Tidy Towns – Central Coast
“We are incredibly proud of all the work we do to make the Central Coast a great place to live, work and play,” Council said in a statement online.
To find out more about any of its programs, search centralcoast.nsw.gov.au